Wire binding is an excellent solution, especially when professional-looking documents are required at short notice. Every wire-bound document includes a transparent acetate cover and card at the back, and can be printed on a variety of matt and silk stocks.
- Manually select 'Print' and choose the 'Press Quality' setting
- Add crop marks (outer corner marks, not full colour bars) outset by 6 points, so they do not touch the cut size of the document
- Include bleed
- Optimise your PDF for print (300 dpi images)
- Embed your fonts or outline
- Any ultra light, light or Thin fonts change to outline
- Choose "Press Quality" when creating your PDF
- Artwork should be CMYK or greyscale
- Please be aware that screen colours (RGB) may appear duller or lacking in contrast when printed
- Colour images should be CMYK colour mode
- Scanned or bitmapped images should be 300 dpi
- We accept files saved using one of the following software: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- For the Adobe packages please save all files with the outlined fonts.
- Files created in one of the Microsoft packages usually get better results if they’re saved as pdfs.
- To help as many people as possible, The London Printers accepts a range of different formats. These are: JPEG, PNG, PDF.
- For the photography artwork we would recommend high resolution JPEGs (preferably un-compressed).
- For Graphics or Text files please save it as print-ready, vector based PDF.
- For a mix of graphics and photography artwork the best solution would be print-ready PDFs.
- The usual bleed requirement is 2mm all round
|1 - 100||£0.50 / page + VAT||£0.75 / page + VAT|
|101 - 300||£0.45 / page + VAT||£0.65 / page + VAT|
|301 - 500||£0.38 / page + VAT||£0.58 / page + VAT|
|Wire Binding||£6.50 / book + VAT||£10.00 / book + VAT|